Monday, February 10, 2014

Jan 22, 2014, 10 days out -

Jan 22, 2014, 10 days out - 

So today marks ten days till our wedding day. It's so crazy that our engagement came and went so fast and that our wedding day is fast approaching. It feels like just yesterday the wedding was over a 100 days away! There's so much to do and so little time but I'm at ease with the thought that everything will be ok.

 Today I made arrangements for the rehearsal and finished about 95% of the name tags. We also received our first wedding registry gifts in the mail! That was very exciting!! 

One of the packages was addressed to my new name. It was both odd but also not as foreign to me as I thought I would be. I hesitated for awhile over my feelings about changing my name to be honest. I have had my name for 30 years... It will be odd to have a new name. I've relinquished my maiden name as a pen name but may add it as a second middle name? I haven't decided yet. Guess I better make up my mind huh? 

Also I think we've decided to write our own vows. I'd really like too. If I'm going to cry at the alter it better be about the stirring words I'll say as well as hear from you. I think it will be nice and will personalize the ceremony a little more then usual. Well see what happens right? Now I need to find inspiration. 

I've already been honest that I'm worried about living together. I'm not certain how I will handle being with someone 24 hours a day that isn't my family. But when I'm apart I find I'm always missing you. Your the part that's always missing and I'm always thinking of you. And I'm happiest when I'm with you. Even if I'm bored and sitting around. Yes that will be an argument but know that I'm still happy to sit around knowing your in the same space with me. Lord knows I sleep better with you around, when your not stealing the sheets anyways. I can only hope I live up to all you hope and see that I am. I find it hard to live up to your vision sometimes and I usually feel very inadequate about it. But we shall prevail right? I really love you for you have touched my soul in places I thought no one could touch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment